Thursday, October 7, 2010

What's in a name...

I had the awesome privilege to name baby today, officially.

Went down to the admin office to register baby. It was a simple process really, but it was very special.

The admin lady asked me if the name and Chinese characters were correct. It was as though I was God and I was giving this new life a name. I mean, baby didn't have a choice, it was his parents that gave him his name. And so we named him Caleb. After the bible character who had faith to believe that God was bigger than the giants of the land despite 10 others who saw otherwise. We pray that baby would have the same kind of unwaivering faith to believe that God is bigger than... and his Chinese name would bear the same sound like the bible name albeit with his own meaning "Jia(1) Le(4)" which stands for the "Joy of the Family".

Announcing, the proud arrival of Caleb Goh Jia Le into the family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment